Position： Associate Research Professor
Address： Department of Civil Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, P. R. China
2012.12 - 2014.01 University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC), Visiting PhD student
2010.08 - 2015.07 Department of Civil Engineering, Tsinghua University, PhD
2008.08 - 2011.07 Tsinghua University, Computer Applications, Minor
2006.08 - 2010.07 Department of Civil Engineering, Tsinghua University, Bachelor of Engineering
2020.12 – now Associate Research Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, Tsinghua University
2018.03 – 2020.12 Research Assistant Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, Tsinghua University
2015.07 – 2018.02 Engineer, Central Research Institute of Building and Construction CO., LTD. MCC.
Undergraduate "Structural Test", "Concrete Structure Test"
Postgraduate "Structural Damage Detection and Health Monitoring"
Assessment and reinforcement of in-service civil structures, including damage identification and performance evaluation of buildings and infrastructures, health monitoring during structural construction and operation, new technologies of structural testing and reinforcement, etc.
1. National Key Research and Development Program of China, 2016YFC0701302, Research on Vibration Control Technology for Industrial Building Structures, 2016/07-2019/06, Under Research, CO-PI
2. National Key Research and Development Program of China, 2016YFC0701309, Research on Key Technologies for the Construction of Industrial Building Big Data Platform and Remote Monitoring and Intelligent Diagnosis, 2016/07-2019/06, Under Research, CO-PI
3. National Natural Science Foundation of China, 51478245, Research on Temperature Field and Temperature Effect of Steel-concrete Composite Structure Bridges, 2015/01-2018/12, under development, CO-PI
4. “Young Scientists and Scientific Innovation Talents” project of Central Research Institute of Building and Construction CO., LTD. MCC, YBC2015KY03, Structural Damage Detection and Finite Element Model Updating, 2015/12-2017/12, finished, PI
5. Project of Central Research Institute of Building and Construction CO., LTD. MCC, YBC2015ZX04, Research and Development of Structural Defect Damage and Crack Detection System based on UAV Technology, 2015/12-2017/12, finished, PI
6. Project of National Research Institute of Industrial Construction and Quality Safety Testing and Inspection Center, YBC2015ZX03, Research on Local Geometric Deformation Damage Detection and Modeling Method of Steel Structure Components, 2015/12-2017/12, finished, PI
Deputy Director, Laboratory of Engineering Structure, Department of Civil Engineering
Member, Inspection, Appraisal, Reinforcement and Reconstruction Branch, China Construction Metal Structure Association
Director, Youth Editorial Committee of "Municipal Engineering Technology"
Honors and Awards
National Science and Technology Progress Award, Second prize, 2020 (9/10)
China Steel Structure Association Science and Technology Award, First Prize, 2020 (3/20)
China Steel Structure Association Science and Technology Award, Grand Prize, 2019 (9/20)
Outstanding Youth Workers of Central Research Institute of Building and Construction CO., LTD. MCC, 2016
Youth Science and Technology Innovation Talents of Central Research Institute of Building and Construction CO., LTD. MCC, 2015
1. Jian-Sheng Fan, Yu-Fei Liu*, Cheng Liu. Experiment study and refined modeling of temperature field of steel-concrete composite beam bridges, Engineering Structures, 2021, 240(6):112350.
2. Si-Yu Kong, Jian-Sheng Fan, Yu-Fei Liu*, Xiao-Chen Wei, Xiao-Wei Ma. Automated crack assessment and quantitative growth monitoring, Computer-Aided Civil and Infrastructure Engineering, 2021, 36(5): 656-674.
3. Yu-Fei Liu*, Xin Nie, Jian-Sheng Fan. Xiao-Gang Liu. Image-based Crack Assessment of Bridge Piers using Unmanned Aerial Vehicles and 3D Scene Reconstruction, Computer-Aided Civil and Infrastructure Engineering, 2020, 35:511–529.
4. Meng Zhou, Jian-Sheng Fan, Yu-Fei Liu*, Jin-Xun Zhang, Xian-Jun Duan, Su-Su Lei. Non-uniform temperature field and effect on construction of large-span steel structures, Automation in Construction. 2020, 119, 103339.
5. Xiao-Gang Liu, Jian-Sheng Fan*, Yu-Fei Liu, Ming-Zhao Zheng, Jian-Guo Nie. Theoretical research into cyclic web buckling and plastic overstrength of shear links, Thin-Walled Structures, 2020, 152:106644.
6. Yu-Fei Liu*, Xiao-Gang Liu, Jian-Sheng Fan, B.F. Spencer Jr, Xiao-Chen Wei, Si-Yu Kong, Xiao-Hua Guo. Refined safety assessment of steel grid structures with crooked tubular members, Automation in Construction, 2019, 99(1): 249-264.
7. Xiao-Gang Liu, Jian-Sheng Fan*, Yu-Fei Liu, Qing-Rui Yue, Jian-Guo Nie. Experimental research of replaceable Q345GJ steel shear links considering cyclic buckling and plastic overstrength, Journal of Constructional Steel Research, 2017, 134: 160-179.
8. Yu-Fei Liu, Soojin Cho, Billie F. Spencer, Jr., Jian-Sheng Fan*, Concrete Crack Assessment Using Digital Image Processing and 3D Scene Reconstruction, ASCE Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering, 2016, 30(1): 04014124.
9. Xiao-Gang Liu*, Yu-Fei Liu. Cyclic behavior of Q345GJ steel used in energy dissipation shear links, International Journal of Steel Structures, 2016, 16(3): 697-704.
10. Yufei Liu, Soojin Cho*, Billie F. Spencer, Jr., Jiansheng Fan, Automated Assessment of Cracks on Concrete Surfaces Using Adaptive Digital Image Processing, Smart Structures and Systems, 2014, 14(4): 719-741.